DMS Point of Sale, the company's current flagship product, is a very affordable, easy-to-use and highly competitive POS software that offers more features than most POS systems in the world today. Aside from the usual sales recording and reporting modules of a POS software, DMS Point of Sale includes comprehensive subsystems for inventory and accounts receivable, data that are readily available to the accountant in preparing his financial reports.
The company's first client has been a grocery store owner in Sta.Cruz, Marinduque, an area where a total of six licenses were sold to different business owners. Then, as the company website became available more clients were added as they downloaded and installed DMS Point of Sale. The list now included businesses in Metro Manila and more than 40 provinces near and far, including Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Quezon, Oriental Mindoro, Bulacan, Rizal, Pampanga, Palawan, Ilocos Norte, Pangasinan, Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Masbate, Iloilo, Aklan, Negros Oriental, Negros Occidental, Leyte, Southern Leyte, Bukidnon, Davao Oriental, Misamis Oriental, Camiguin and Lanao del Norte, among others.
Initially, the plan was only to create and distribute business software locally and internationally. But, as it was later observed, many business owners prefer to buy POS system as a complete package. This prompted the company to scout for inexpensive yet reliable equipment to go with the DMS Point of Sale software.
DMS Point of Sale is a unique point of sale software. It has already received lots of praises from its current users for its simple design, ease of use and maintenance, comprehensive coverage, and affordability. Currently, there are already nine available versions. These include the following:
In general, DMS Point of Sale has the following features:
• VAT, Non-VAT and zero-rated sales controls.
• Provision for senior citizen privileges (single key provided).
• Three-level security access for different types of users: cashier, admin and main admin.
• Up to 9,999 authorized cashiers.
• Selectable printing widths: 30, 33, 36, 39 and 42 columns (57, 63, 70, 76 and 83 mm roll paper).
• Designed for use with Epson LX-300 as POS printer: 36, 48 or 52 columns (70, 76 or 83 mm roll paper)
• Reports can be printed using POS printer (up to 83 mm paper width) or Epson LX-300 printer (up to 8.5 inches width) or saved as MS Excel file (can be printed using any printer).
• User customizable Official Receipt heading (9 lines).
• User customizable Official Receipt bottom messages (14 lines).
• Multiple receipt printing option (unlimited).
• User customizable title and messages for second receipt printout.
• Price list can have more than 1 million items.
• Automatic price list update using MS Excel file.
• Printable price list.
• Item search using barcode reader/scanner or by direct code input.
• Item search by keywords.
• Price lookup feature.
• Same item grouping feature.
• Item void and transaction void facilities.
• Cash, credit and price quote transactions.
• Price change controls.
• Multiple or single quantity setting.
• On-demand printing or non-printing of Official Receipts (single key switch).
• Reprinting of Sales Invoices or Official Receipts.
• Individual batch sales report (unlimited number of daily sales batches or cashier shifts).
• Daily Z readings.
• Cash count or cash breakdown feature.
• Automatic beginning inventory update using MS Excel file and with backtracking feature. The client can use the POS system immediately upon installation and conduct physical inventory later.
• Custom forms designed to make your work easy.
• Daily, monthly and yearly sales reports for up to a period of 100 years.
• Hourly Sales Report.
• Provision for item locators for quick and easy retrieval of merchandise.
• Provision for item serial numbers.
• Periodic bestseller and non-seller reports (by amount or quantity).
• Individual modules for incoming stocks, outgoing stocks and stock adjustments.
• Real-time inventory reports (the user can set the cut-off date).
• Product history (detailed electronic stock cards for individual items).
• Low stock alert.
• Accounts receivable report with aging.
• Detailed individual statements of account for viewing and printing.
• Client history of purchases, payments, credit memos and other transactions.
• Credit alert for individual customers.
• Designed for 100-year continuous use. No resetting required at year end.
• File maintenance modules (view, delete, edit, print)
• Automatic multiple file backup modules. No filenames and folders to memorize.
• Automatic system restoration in case of hardware or software failure. It only takes minutes to restore the POS system to its original state prior to the computer crash or failure.
• Separate counters for total sales transactions, total sales and voided sales.
• General reset feature.
• Single-key operation provides quick and easy access and minimizes the use of the mouse.
• On-screen help system is provided for quick information, training and guidance.
• An innovative Prompt panel is provided for on-time help and direction.
• Quick data input with minimal use of the mouse.
• User Guide is provided in the following forms: online, as electronic file (MS Word and PDF) and printed (for later publishing).
• Easy setup and installation. No internet connection required. Reduce or eliminate the risk of acquiring harmful viruses.
• Low hardware cost. Runs fast on Pentium III processor with 512 MB RAM and installed with Windows XP.
• A 15-day trial period is provided. It is a POS software "you can try before you buy".
• Licensing via texting or SMS (short message service) is made possible with DMS Virtual iSolutions's unique licensing system, first in the Philippines and possibly in the world.
• Easy to use and understand. Cashier training normally takes only 30 minutes or less.
• Designed for easy self-maintenance by the users. Minimal computer expertise is required, so the usual fees incurred by customers in maintaining their POS systems are eliminated.
• Customized printing options for thermal printers.
• Paper save mode.
• Second printer option.
• Second monitor (customer display) option.
New and additional features are being added as required by clients and if deemed necessary to benefit current users of DMS Point of Sale.
As observed, point of sales systems are used in businesses that normally belong to the middle and upper segments of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and the big corporations. They are seldom found in small groceries, sari-sari stores, pharmacies and many other businesses which actually comprise a larger portion of all the enterprises operating in the country. Why? Because they are normally beyond the budget of most business owners or too cryptic for them to understand and use.
It is for this reason that DMS Virtual iSolutions came to exist. The company envisioned to enable and empower these business owners with technology and tools that they could afford and easily use and to evenly compete with the big businesses. And since the POS providers that cater to them were very few or nil at all, DMS Virtual iSolutions would have a very big niche in the POS market.
This vision is now being fulfilled as owners of sari-sari stores, public market stalls, pharmacies and various shops choose DMS Point of Sale. On the other hand, due to its outstanding features and affordability, it has also attracted big businesses that include supermarkets, restaurants and bookstores. DMS Point of Sale is truly well under way of becoming a major POS brand in the country today.
It has also been observed that POS providers are localized in their operations. Not a single POS provider could currently claim of having POS installations in all provincial areas because they usually conduct business only within the reaches or confines of their established branches. Many would have probably dreamed or envisioned of establishing a dealership network, but it seemed to be an arduous task if not downright impossible.
Apparently, the main reason behind this bleak prospect is software piracy. POS providers could not entrust their software to their customers so they could install them, learn how to use them, and to maintain their POS systems by themselves. DMS Virtual iSolutions, on the other hand, approached it quite radically by letting the customers do all the above to minimize the entailed costs and expenses both ways. This, however, would not be profitable in the long run if software piracy is not addressed.
In general, DMS Point of Sale has the following features:
Before engaging in software development, Engr. Dimayuga actually made sure that DMS software should somehow be able to protect itself from illegal use when released in public. So, the company's first year of operation was devoted solely on developing a unique way of software licensing that would serve the purpose. This resulted to the following:
• All DMS software could be copied and distributed at will like a shareware, but it would not have a specific or fixed License Key or CD Key required to activate it.
• Upon installation, a DMS software will always be in the form of a Trial Version, usable for up to 15 days without license.
• When installed, the DMS software will create a unique "lock" in the form of an encrypted Installation Serial Number or ISN comprising of 30 alphanumeric characters. Any installation would always yield a different and unique ISN as it would be derived using random numbers, the date of installation, software version number, re-installation times (to monitor system restoration) and the software agent code.
• On the first 15 days, the software could be used freely without a license because the "lock" is still open. After the 15-day trial period, the "lock" would close and the only way to re-open it (permanently) is to enter the License Key (consisting of 36 alphanumeric characters) that should be purchased from DMS Virtual iSolutions, or Dimco Enterprises, its mother company.
• After sending the payment, the customer should send via SMS the ISN together with his name and the name and address of his store to DMS Virtual iSolutions. DMS in turn will generate the License Key and the License Number and will send them to the customer also via SMS. This unique licensing procedure has made possible the installation and use of the DMS Point of Sale software by many business owners in the provinces. DMS Virtual iSolutions has generated sales from these areas without sending any of its employees or asking the customers to come over.